Sunday, June 24, 2007

Two weeks and Twenty Gig

In a flash, two weeks has passed since my flight back from the high altitudes of Tibet.


And I'm still sorting out the photographs - hence the lag in updating this blog.


Apart from piecing the facts and information together, I'm transferring photos from my CompactDisk to my computer and a new external portable hard-disk I just acquired. It's not because of the GSS, nor the impending GST hike next month that I got myself a long-overdue portable hard-disk. It's because I had taken more than 20 Gbytes of photos (16,954 pictures in high res mode).


I do hope you'll check back soon as I'm planning to put more pictures and information up. In the meantime, here's the answer to the trivia question I posted in the previous entry:

Pilgrims who visit monastries often carry with them Yak butter, which they melt and pour into large receptacles with lighted candles. Yak butter is also widely used in Tibet for food - as a mix in Tsampa - powdered roasted wild barley staple and also in the famous Yak Butter Tea.





Till my next update, here's another trivia - what's the name of the highest lake in the world?

I'd like to thank the wonderful team that made my journey possible, especially the wonderful people at X-Trekkers (http://www.x-trekkers.com/) - thanks for their professionalism, integrity and helpfulness. They made all the arrangements so my journey was almost a walk down Orchard Road. If you're looking to go to Tibet, look for X-trekkers. Thanks CK for all your help!


Thanks also to all my guides, agents and drivers - Phuntsok (Guide, Owner of Windhorse Adventure Tours) , Pema (Guide - Xining), Mr Shi (Driver), Dho Kho (Owner, Namchen Tours), Migmar (Assistant Manager, Namchen Tours), Tashi (Guide - Lhasa), Gumpo (Guide - out-skirts) and Dawa (Driver) - Thanks for showing me the warmth at the top of the world.

No comments: