Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Palace at the Top of the World

Greetings from Lhasa!

I've been on the road for the past few days and rushing from site to site so didn't have a chance to blog. And when I finally get a terminal that works, the system doesn't allow me to upload anymore pictures than the following. Still my dear friends, enjoy Potala Palace!


View of Potala Palace from the main street.


Potala in splendid sunshine

Entering the palace grounds

Notice to tourists. Read the fine prints

Stairway to the Dalai Lama's Winter Palace

Breath-taking: both view and steps climbing

Pensive monk looking over Potala walls


View from a trishaw - just 5RMB (SGD1) for a ride anywhere in Lhasa
I'll make more attempts to upload more pictures and also update the entries. But in the meantime, I'll leave you with a little trivia: what do pilgrims add to the candles of light in all the monastries?
Till then, tashidelek!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How do they celebrate Vesak day there?

lin said...

Beautiful photos, mate. Godspeed!