Monday, May 7, 2007

Hopefully, a shot to f(r)ame

It's amazing how ingenious a Lowepro Slingshot 300AW bag really is! A slingbag with ergonomically designed zippered compartments turns instantaneously into a waist pouch, giving easy access to the camera accessories snugged comfortably in fully detachable compartments. And it comes with a weather poncho that tucks away neatly below.

And of course, I had to fill the bag with a Nikon 50mm F/1.8 lens, a polarizer filter, eneloop rechargeable batteries, a SANYO 15min Quick Charger, extra Toshiba SD cards, lithium-ion camera batteries, a PD70X CompactDrive, and come Saturday - my prized Nikon D80 kit camera. The only thing that wouldn't fit is the Velbon carbon tripod.

This evening's stopover at the camera shop set me back by a hand and a limb but I choose to see it as an investment. Afterall, I had already put in that much, it didn't make sense not to put in a little more to protect the initial investment. It's like buying a pretty house, and penny-pinching on fire insurance. Besides, it would be a shame to wreck my camera whilst trekking up the trecherous terrain. I would certainly hate not being able to bring a piece of heaven back for keeps.

All these trouble, hopefully, I'll get a good shot to frame. Or to fame. Most preferably, both. :)

No comments: