Sunday, May 6, 2007

In the beginning

It's 5 days away from my flight out to Cheng Du and I'm still packing.

Setting up this blog is but one of the many things I needed to do before my adventure which has taken more than 3 months to plan and would take 3 weeks and some days to complete.

I've got my schedules all lined up - a visit to the doc's to get immunisation jabs; the camera shop to pick up my external hard-disk for emptying my camera's memory cards into; the travel agent's to pick up my passport and maps; and final shopping to pick up a list of items.

It's amazing how a flash of an idea last December has set forth the wheel of events in motion, turning a dream into a reality - well, almost - till I get on that plane.

Some call this the power of intention. Others call it sourcing. Whether God, a stroke of luck, or lots of help from caring friends was involved, the fact remains that in the beginning, I didn't know where, how, or when I would get there. I just wanted it bad enough. And so I made plans, spoke to people, did my research, and took action. Everything showed up over time and fell into place as if it was all part of a script being played on life's stage. It's not magic of course, but I can't help but think that perhaps the universe conspired to help me get what I want. I'm pretty familiar with this way of living, and I know many more others who live their lives like so.

So what's this journey all about?

I had a little notion that I would find an answer to one of life's many mysteries by tracing to the source of the Mekong River.

And so begins my journey to the source...

No comments: