Saturday, May 12, 2007

Take Off!

I've checked in at T2 gate E1, awaiting my Silkair flight to Chengdu.

Thanks to Alvin, Daniel, James, Jackson, Simin, and Zhiwei for coming by so early in the morning to send me off at the airport. And for the gift of a wonderful blink-as-you-brush-toothbrush! Now the Yaks will know when I'm taking care of my teeth!

Clearing through customs was not as breezy as before. Probably because they had to look at my bottle of lens cleaner which I had wrapped dutifully in a ziplock bag. Or perhaps it's because I was wearing a pair of black Gortex bootex, black trekking pants, and a black cap. Or perhaps because everything on my trek pants seems to be triggering off the metal detector! the last time I checked in the mirror, I didn't look like a terrorist. Maybe I should check again...

Ok, I hear the call for boarding. So Chengdu, here I come!

No comments: